Principal Attorney Vonnie C. Dones III is the founder of Legalcleanup.com. Prior to forming Legalcleanup.com, Dones, as a legal assistant, assisted the Director of the City of Cleveland’s Office of Fair Housing & Consumer Affairs (FHCA) in representing and protecting Clevelanders from consumer scams, fraudulent business practices, and unfair and unequal treatment in housing. Dones provided consumer protection in the following areas: Unfair and deceptive sales practices, fraud, new home construction, debt collection defense, landlord-tenant disputes, breach of contract, warranty disputes, refunds, home solicitations, home repairs and renovations, and contract cancellation.
His experience with the city exposed him to countless complex and unique fraudulent business practices and inequities faced by consumers, in which he now draws upon to help his clients resolve their legal issues. Dones is admitted to practice law in the federal and state courts of New Jersey and in the state courts of New York.
Before receiving his law degree from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Dones was signed as a recording artist with Violator / Def Jam Recordings / Polygram Records. He worked with Russell Simmons, Lyor Cohen, and the late Chris Lighty, in which he now draws upon to help his clients in entertainment law. He signed an artist and label deal with Chris Lighty CEO / Founder of Violator Entertainment, who has signed and managed artists such as Sean “Diddy” Combs, Warren G, L.L. Cool J, Soulja Boy, Q-Tip, Busta Rhymes, Missy Elliot, Mariah Carey, Nas, 50 Cent and more. He was also signed as an artist with Marley Marl at the House of Hitz in Manhattan, New York. Marley is often described by many as the “inventor of sampling.”
Dones has worked in marketing, advertising, and promotion with entertainment artists such as Soulja Boy, Teirra Mari, Roscoe Dash, Trina, and more. He is the founder of a marketing and entertainment promotions and booking agency, which has been endorsed by Rick Ross, T.I., Meagan Good, Kevin Hart, Tom Arnold, Jay Mohr, Henry Cho, Whitney Cummings, Chris Delia, Bun B, Young Jeezy, John Witherspoon, Lupe Fiasco, Vince Young, T-Pain, Paul Rodriguez, Keri Hilson, Trey Songz, Mario, Bobby Brown, Ralph Tresvant, Mos Def, and more. Dones has over 20 years of experience in the music industry.
- Graduated from the University of Houston Central (B.A., B.A.) and received his law degree (Doctorate in Jurisprudence) from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law. Dones attended the University of Houston Law Center as a transient law student.
- Author of “Legal Cleanup for New Jerseyans: How to Expunge Your Criminal Or Juvenile Record in New Jersey, 1st Edition.”
- Licensed to practice law in New York and New Jersey.
- Member of the American Bar Association, New York Bar Association, New Jersey Bar Association, New York City Bar Association, and Criminal Justice Section of the New York Bar Association.
- Enjoys reading, teaching, canyoning, biking, graphic design, website design, music production, studio engineering, videography, artist development, and keeping his wife, daughter, and family happy.
Vonnie C. Dones III, ESQ. is a law firm that offers legal services online. We can help you with your legal matter without the hassle of traveling to an attorney’s office. You receive the legal benefits, personalized service, confidentiality, and data protection of a traditional law firm for a fraction of the time and cost. Our cutting-edge, 24/7 web-based legal services are affordable, task specific, and easy to use.